4 Summer Hairstyles For Work
- 27 Feb 2019
Summertime living is easy until you have to fight heat and humidity when styling your hair. The last thing you want in a morning rush is to spend time doing your hair when sweat and frizz are inevitably going to ruin your look after a few minutes in the heatwave.
Say no to hard-to-create styles for your hair. There are a wide array of simple hairstyles for any face shape or hair length you could try. We’ve rounded up 5 summer hairstyles that are simple to do, but also hold up on the hottest summer day.
Here are 4 summer hairstyles for work:
Top Knot Hairstyles
Top Knot hairstyles are a must try, usually called the “lets get things done” updo. This hairstyle is perfect for long to medium length hair and takes only a few seconds and bobby pins to hold your hair into place. Therefore this look will instantly make you feel lighter and more relaxed while still maintaining that sleek and professional look. This is perfect to wear if you’re attending meetings or doing presentations to keep you cool, calm and collected. This polished and effortless look has 3 simple steps:
- First gather your hair into a high ponytail. If shorter pieces of hair falls out grip them at the back of your head with bobby pins.
- Wrap your hair around the ponytail to make the top knot appear fuller.
- Take the excess hair from the top knot sticking out from the sides and secure it with bobby pins and finish off with a spritz of hairspray.
Sleek High Ponytail
The aforementioned top knot has dominated ponytails as an easy go-to hairstyle in the last few years however lets not forget how versatile and practical a ponytail is especially when it’s sweltering and there’s no air-conditioning. Take your ponytail hair game to the next level with this sleek high ponytail in 3 simple steps:
- Create a flat natural base and hold the style in place by misting the hair with a light hairspray and gently running a brush through it.
- Pull and tighten hair into a high ponytail, collecting at the back of the head just below the crown. Use a boar-hair brush to smooth the hair, brushing everything away from your face. Once your hair is pulled back tight and smooth, secure the high ponytail with an elastic.
- To finish the look add a few drops of serum and lightly run it over your hair.
60 Second Casual Twist
Create a casual french twist to beat the summer heat, whole looking good. A french twist leans slightly towards a more elegant hairstyle. This easy hairstyle doesn’t require an hour of wrestling with your hairdryer, it only requires only a few bobby pins and hairspray to hold your hair through the day helping against the heat.
This look requires 5 simple steps:
- Start by pulling your hair back as if you are tying a low pony.
- Loop your hair in towards itself.
- Roll your hair towards your head leaving the ends hanging out, creating an upside down french twist.
- Secure the top and bottom with bobby pins and finish off with hairspray.
Curly Twist Hairstyles
The curly twist is best suited for curly and frizzy hair. Curly hair though packed with life and personality gets a little uncontrollable with humidity. Getting curls to behave for work in the summer is an ultimate goal. The curly twist can get your wildest waves and springiest curls tamed in under 5 minutes. Your natural curls can make the most basic style and can hold up styles better than hairsprays.
This hairstyle takes 5 simple steps:
- First you want to create 3 ponytails down the back of your head. Take the first section from around your temples. The second ponytail is directly below the first, in level with your ears. The third is underneath, gathering the rest of your hair at the nape of your neck.
- You want to flip each ponytail up and into itself. You can do this by making a hole above the hair tie. Flip in up and over into the hole and tighten the hair tie.
- Before tightening the hair tie on the second ponytail, tuck the first ponytail inside the hole on the second ponytail.
- Then tighten the elastic at the bottom. Here’s your ponytail twist hairstyle!
- Roll your ponytail up and secure it with a bobby pin at the nape of you neck. You could leave a few strands of hair hanging out to soften the look.
Keep your summer hairstyle looking trendy yet sophisticated in any work setting, go on and try out any of these quick, simple and painless hairstyles for work to beat the summer heat. These are less than 10 minute hairstyles for any person in a great haste looking to tame their hair in South Africa’s humid climate.